"So people say I'm emo. Even though I'm not. But on the other hand I have nothing against them. I just don't like to lable myself. So yeah my hair is dark and I have a fringe, and like black eyeliner and wear green/blue/red/purple skinnys. What is so bad about that?

I mean everyone hates me, just because I'm not a hip hopper and don't drink & smoke. Everyone else does but so what? I just don't want to be like them. I just don't understand why people hate me just because I'm different. No matter how nice I am, they just hate me.

I have no friends at all. I guess I was just unlucky with this school.

But what should I do?

I wont change though."



It is hard growing up in the world where people think you should be just like them. But if you have individuality, a personality strong enough that you don't need to copy anyone so they would think better of you, it isn't a bad thing, if often not an easy one. People are calling you emo, but they probably hardly understand the subtle differences of subcultures, or they would know it's not just about the physical appearance.

If you don't want to change, you shouldn't. You don't owe that to anyone. What you could try is taking your focus off those who are causing you such distress and directing it to what you love about yourself and the type of people you'd like to attract into your life.

The more you focus on what ruins your mood, the more often it would get ruined. It's just the way your thoughts and feelings affect your life. Take some time everyday to enjoy yourself - who you are, what you love and believe in, and what kind of people you think you deserve to communicate with. If you were a hero of your own book or a movie, what kind of people surrounding you would make you feel complete and happy with your life?

Ponder on that and try to minimize your contact with people you don't like, and don't give up on finding real friends, in or outside your school.

0 comments: