Aug 26, 2008

Wife's on vacation

"OK, I see that I originally accidentally placed my request in the wrong blog. Now I am going to try again. I need some serious help. My wife just left to go on vacation with a couple of friends. Problem is, I'm left at home with my son. I have NO IDEA how to clean the house, how to look after my own son, what school he goes to, when school starts for him, or what to do with him.

Any help?

Alan"

28 M., Canada


If your wife knows you a little, it would be natural for her to leave you with some information concerning what to do with your own son. You do live with your family, right? You did drive your son at least once to his own school (if he went there before), I hope? You don't smoke anything funny that erases your memory of the important things and events that take place in your life? I mean, this situation leaves me completely dumbfounded.

You don't know how to clean your house? How about using your hands and maybe some cleaning tools and devices? You don't know how to look after your son? Try not leaving him alone, not giving him anything that could burn down the house and feeding him occasionally. You don't know what school your son goes to or when? Er... All kids go to school at the same time, right? Ask around.

Anyway, if he's old enough to go to school, he must know how to speak, too. Ask him. If he doesn't know or the school is new for him, try calling your wife and asking her about it. Also try to check in with some of the family members who took care of your son at least once before. They might know some stuff about keeping him alive and well.

If you think you are completely unreliable in the area of housekeeping and taking care of your child, go back to your or your wife's parents' house and ask them to take you in and do that thing again when they acted like real parents. Only this time, keep an eye on what they're doing for educational purposes.

6 comments:

Alan Dowden said...

I do live with my family, and I don't smoke.

I just work too much.
what chemicals would I use to clean each part of the house, there are too many... *worried*

What do I feed him? just whatever I'm eating?

Vendetta said...

No, whatever he's eating. Don't you talk to your son? 'Cause usually kids say what they want.

If you don't know how to clean the house, ask someone to give you some tips or get a maid. And maybe a babysitter...

Alan Dowden said...

are you crazy!? I don't have the money for that Lyssa, thanks for your help, if you come across any other tips to help me out, please e-mail or IM me, I would be very grateful. If you don't know my e-mail, I am phpBB3 :)

Vendetta said...

Did you try *contacting* your wife and asking HER for some tips? How come she didn't she leave any instructions on taking care of your child? Why didn't YOU ask for them before she left?

And cleaning the house should be simple if you're not throwing parties every night. Seriously, you can't not know how to do such simple things. You probably just underestimate yourself.

You clean the floors with a broom or a mop; you wipe the tables with a cloth if they're dirty; you wash your clothes with your hands or in a machine. If you survived till that age, surely you know SOME things about cleaning.

Alan Dowden said...

I got through... she's back... thank you for your help.

Wally Banners said...

Well Lyssa I don't know if you know this but when you get a ding on a car they have to take the door off fix ding and repaint car door that's a good coin and it hurts the wallet. Young people seem to think they can pull up to a nice car and open their door with no concern for car parked next to them. If the boyfriend had popped out and apologized no problem but he came out instead cracking wise at me. Now when the fuck looks at mirrors for the rest of his life his broken nose will remind him to be respectful.thanks for dropping in.