"My best friend is very selfish and always takes advantage of me and I don't like it, and i have like no other friends anymore because i was always trying to please her (shes kinda high maintenance) and shes hard to talk to about this stuff because shell get all mad and defensive and wind up manipulating me to make me think that I'm the bad person, but really everyone tells me how shes bad and now she wants me to do drugs and get tattoos and other stuff that i don't think i wanna do... but i have no other friends..so what do i do."


You won't get very far if you're going to keep on following her orders and doing things she tells you to do. No one has a right to force you into doing something you dislike, and maybe she IS the reason why you don't have other friends after all.

If you don't want to do tattoos and drugs, then don't. Maybe tattoo is not the worst thing in the world, but don't forget that it may be quite painful to make it, and if one day you'll want it gone, it would be painful (yes, again) to remove it. And drugs, by the way, are just naturally destructive.

If your friend wants you to repeat every stupid step she makes, remind her that you can think for yourself, which, apparently, wasn't even considered in your relationship. I don't know if your friend is bad, selfish, or just lost, but try to explain to her that it is time for you to take responsibility for your own life, and if she still wants to be your friend, she has to stop trying to affect you and force you to do something that's just plain stupid.

0 comments: